To tell if you have a bad GFCI outlet, you should:
- Unplug any devices in outlets on the same circuit as your GFCI.
- Turn off the circuit and take off the outlet cover of your GFCI outlet.
- Inspect the wiring to see if it is connected correctly.
- If the wiring is reversed, correct it and place the outlet cover back on.
- Push the test button in to get the reset button to pop out.
One of the biggest indicators that your GFCI outlet is bad is if the wiring is reversed, as that will keep it from functioning properly. Another thing you should look out for is if the reset button does not pop out when you press the test button. To get your GFCI outlet inspected, call us today.